Funny Quotes About Family DefinitionSource(google.com.pk)
Family Poems describe the special relationship between brothers and sisters, the love of children for their mother or father, the devotion of a mother for her child, the special relationship between a grandmother and grandfather and their grandchildren. Emotions range from the beautiful memories of childhood innocence to the horrible memories of childhood abuse.
Part of the reality of life is hardship. That is not a negative statement. It is simply a statement of fact. Every day brings new challenges. Living with the expectation that life will be difficult makes hard times easier to deal with. When a family encounters hard times they will need to join together and face the challenge as a team. They will need to be sensitive to the needs of individual family members each of whom will face unique difficulties. Life is not easy, but having a support system makes life that much easier.
© LaRay A. Silz
Why do you keep going on like everything's okay?
Treating me the way you do like it's a normal day.
I am confused of who you are, and who I am to you,
I'm scared that you will never know who I have grown into.
I can't explain the reasons why you hate me now and then,
And why you've never let me live my life as just your friend.
The chances are forbidden that I ever could be right,
‘Cause I'm always wrong in your eyes, you change like day & night.
And when you say those evil lies, my heart would start to melt,
It hurts that you have never cared or listened to how I felt.
I wish that dad could just come home and make it all okay,
But since he can't, it should be you, but you are not that way.
I love you mom, I always have, but I cannot pretend,
That you haven't scarred my soul from a pain I cannot mend.
But throughout all this chaos I have learned a valuable lesson,
That even if you know you're wrong, you'll never give confession.
So now I have a dream that I will have kids of my own,
Just so I can show them a love that you have never shown.
Instead you showed me hate that I know I cannot forget,
So I will show my kids a love that I will not regret.
* There is nothing wrong with today's teenager that twenty years won't cure. - Anonymous
* It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty. - George Burns
* Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have anything to do with it. - Haim Ginott
* The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents and the second half by our children. - Clarence Darrow
* When women feel they have learned to forgive their mothers - and men, their fathers - all it usually means is that they've decided to allow themselves the same kind of behavior. - Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
* First we are children to our parents, then parents to our children, then parents to our parents, then children to our children. - Milton Greenblatt
* That which seems the height of absurdity in one generation often becomes the height of wisdom in another. - Adlai Stevenson
* The older generation thought nothing of getting up at five every morning - and the younger generation doesn't think much of it either. - John J. Welsh
* They say genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable. - Joan McIntosh
* Generation Gap: A chasm, amorphously situated in time and space, that separates those who have grown up absurd from those who will, with luck, grow up absurd. - Bernard Rosenberg, Dictionary for the Disenchanged, 1972
* There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age - I missed it coming and going. - J.B. Priestly
* I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap. - Fred Allen
* Friends are God's apology for relations. - Hugh Kingsmill
* Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. - Marsha Norman
* Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining? - Robert Brault
* When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. - George Bernard Shaw
* The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. - Erma Bombeck
* A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. - Ogden Nash
* Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. - Evan Esar
* If you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion. - Ashleigh Brilliant
* Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. - Anonymous
The collective body of persons who live in one house, and under one head or manager; a household, including parents, children, and servants, and, as the case may be, lodgers or boarders.
The group comprising a husband and wife and their dependent children, constituting a fundamental unit in the organization of society.
Those who descend from one common progenitor; a tribe, clan, or race; kindred; house; as, the human family; the family of Abraham; the father of a family.
Course of descent; genealogy; line of ancestors; lineage.
Honorable descent; noble or respectable stock; as, a man of family.
A group of kindred or closely related individuals; as, a family of languages; a family of States; the chlorine family.
A group of organisms, either animal or vegetable, related by certain points of resemblance in structure or development, more comprehensive than a genus, because it is usually based on fewer or less pronounced points of likeness. In zoology a family is less comprehesive than an order; in botany it is often considered the same thing as an order.